Friday, October 06, 2006

Chikun Guniya - Homoeopathic Farce

While the country is reeling under the onslaught of Chikun Guniya (for a long time, I thought it was a Kannada dialect of the actual scientific name), there are some charlatans who claim that there is a homoeopathic cure for it. These are probably the guys who vouch by homoeopathic panaceas.

There was one such advertisement in a Chennai daily by a doctor. I bought the medicine from him for 150/-. My trust in the pristine medical forms was so high that I knew this would work even before I left his clinic/house.

His instructions were simple - Take 2 pills, get relieved of the aftermath/symptoms for life. I was so amazed that I practically thought I has the all-healing Holy Grail in my hands. I gave it to my grandparents who had been affected with CG and were agonizing over the post-infection symptons of CG. They took just 2 pills as advocated and viola ... it vanished.... NOT THE PAIN, the PILLS!!!

They still suffer the same pains. I do not think there is any real homoepathic medicine to cure it.

Do not shell out money on this false claims !

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Queen said...

Homoeopathic medicines always react very slowly, one can never expect immediate results as in allopathy. Panaceas dont exist in any form of medicine. Be happy that you got to lose only RS.150.

Sat Oct 07, 02:21:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Nirek said...

Dude...

Homepathic medicines are also similar to allopathic medicines, but the difference is in the level of concentration of chemicals. They r pretty slow! probably thats why u didnt see the effect...

Sat Oct 07, 02:45:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you great thinkers :) !!!

Mon Oct 09, 06:24:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Tanu : The point that got me miffed up was the '24 hour' gaurentee that the so-called-doc gave me!

Wed Oct 18, 11:49:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Marutham said...

:O .....

"They took just 2 pills as advocated and viola ... it vanished.... NOT THE PAIN, the PILLS!!!" LOL!!! Am sorry...
Hope ur Grand parents are doing better now.... I am reminded of this spl report on Cure for CG -- Kazhudhai paal ... I wonder if it was also somthing like this one... :)

Mon Oct 30, 03:17:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Marutham : Welcome :) Nice name! Kazhudhai Paal .... well, you'll never know!

Tue Oct 31, 10:23:00 AM 2006  
Blogger workhard said...

Hey, you got cheated, i got mine for only 10 bucks..


Haiku poetry

Sat Mar 14, 11:30:00 PM 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home