Monday, May 30, 2005

A flash in the (Cooking) Pan

Have recently discivered a new hobby - Cooking.

Our cook gave us the slip as soon as her informed her about her salary-cut. Well, it was expected, given her haute lifestyle - She owns a Scooty, carries a mobile (used only for missed calls, I guess) and works only 6 days a week. So, we started on our adventure (alteast for my guinea pigs a.k.a roomates, it was an adventure) !

My dish premiere was kovakkai (AP lingo : dhondakai) fry. Wow, did I bring the house down (positive connotation) !!! The folks loved it. Encouragesby public demand, I went on to make dosas. Came out well too. I am too talented !!!

My repertoire : Dal, Sabji (most vegetables), Rava/Sooji Upma, Pongal, Dosa, Omlettes, Rice Noodles/Sevai and Noodles.

Cooking your own food is a bit if a Curate's egg - your appetite does take a beating because of the kitchen heat !

Right now, am googling away for good recipies !!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jax said...

So when you are planning to shift career paths, give me a call. i am in bad need of a cook ;-)

Tue May 31, 09:49:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

You can never pay me enough :)

Tue May 31, 10:04:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home