Monday, May 30, 2005

A flash in the (Cooking) Pan

Have recently discivered a new hobby - Cooking.

Our cook gave us the slip as soon as her informed her about her salary-cut. Well, it was expected, given her haute lifestyle - She owns a Scooty, carries a mobile (used only for missed calls, I guess) and works only 6 days a week. So, we started on our adventure (alteast for my guinea pigs a.k.a roomates, it was an adventure) !

My dish premiere was kovakkai (AP lingo : dhondakai) fry. Wow, did I bring the house down (positive connotation) !!! The folks loved it. Encouragesby public demand, I went on to make dosas. Came out well too. I am too talented !!!

My repertoire : Dal, Sabji (most vegetables), Rava/Sooji Upma, Pongal, Dosa, Omlettes, Rice Noodles/Sevai and Noodles.

Cooking your own food is a bit if a Curate's egg - your appetite does take a beating because of the kitchen heat !

Right now, am googling away for good recipies !!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jax said...

So when you are planning to shift career paths, give me a call. i am in bad need of a cook ;-)

Tue May 31, 09:49:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Jayan said...

You can never pay me enough :)

Tue May 31, 10:04:00 AM 2005  
Blogger jon said...

We are trying to find good computer animation movie to take the kids this weekend. Good computer animation movie reviews are hard to find

I just stumbled onto your blog while looking. Seems to happen to me a lot since I am a knowledge mooch LOL

Thanks

Mon Oct 03, 11:29:00 AM 2005  
Blogger nope said...

Hi,

I'm sorry for being intrusive in to your blog. But I am Melissa and I am a mother of two that is just trying to get out of an incredible financial debt. See my hubby is away in Iraq trying to protect this great country that we live in, and I am at home with our two kids telling bill collectors please be patiant. When my husband returns from war we will beable to catch up on our payments. We have already had are 2001 Ford repossessed from the bank, and are now down to a 83 buick that is rusted from front to back and the heater don't work, and tire tax is due in November.

I'm not asking for your pitty because we got our ownselfs into this mess but we would love you and thank you in our prayers if you would just keep this link on your blog for others to view.

God Bless You.

Melissa K. W.
To see my family view this page. My Family


Full Software Download - Get full access to thousands of applications!

Restore, Fix & Clean Up Your Registry Files and Errors in Windows. Does your PC crash, is your system running slow or are you receiving regular error messages? This program will scan your system registry and hard drive for invalid file and system references for free. These invalid references cause system instability, PC errors, constant crashes, and general system slowdowns.

XoftSpy - The Latest in Anti-Spyware & Adware Technology

Wed Oct 12, 06:23:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog

Best Wishes

I have a site 80 million Down Loadable Movies If you have the time stop by.

Mon Oct 17, 01:03:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home