Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Alchemist

I recently was cajoled into reading The Alchemist by Paul Coelho. It was a best-seller around the world and so I had high expectations built around this book. I was truly impressed when I saw my library rate it as the top reads for the month. I coughed up the monies to get my hands on the paperback edition. I was in for a rude shock .....

Have you ever felt cheated after watching a supposedly good flick, en effet, so cheated that you want a Moneyback scheme on it? If you have not, then pick up a copy of this book from the stands.

I raced across this book only to find the words "The End" mocking at me gleefully. I just couldn't understand the message that the author was trying to convey.

The crux of the book is that When a person really desires something, all the universe conspires to help that person to realize his dream.

Somehow I couldn't relate to this fable at all. Dont know how many would see me eye to eye in this issue.

Find some good reviews on this book here.

Another of those books that gave me the same feeling was FISH.

Check out this interview with Paul Coelho

2 Comments:

Blogger shub said...

OMG!!! i loved the alchemist!! n i love the fish! series too! :)
well, beauty lies in the eyes of the book holder i guess! ;) :)

Thu Apr 07, 04:46:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

good one !

Fri Apr 08, 03:38:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home