Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Ease of filing US tax returns

I had been to US on a work permit. That was a couple of light years ago. It is time now to file for the US tax returns (both Federal and State returns). The off-the-shelf option would be to file the returns through one's own organization. But, IMHO, this is a laborious process. It will take eons to get your money back. This is attributed to the red tape that the organization has to cut through.
One of the other options is to file for the returns online. There are some good sites available which provide this easy-to-use service of filing for your US tax returns.

I recommend TaxActOnline . It scores a perfect ten for its simplicity. The service has a detailed tutorial on how it works. I was guided through the total process by means of interactive and informative wizards. The total process takes just under an hour. One can file online for both Federal and State tax returns. And the icing on the cake was that I got my returns in the span of 10 days.

TurboTax is also another site worth checking out.


Post a Comment

<< Home