Thursday, July 14, 2005

Quotable Quotes

Some of the quotes permanently etched into my memory were delivered by my teachers at school and college.

1. No sentence begins with because because because is a conjunction. (English teacher @ school)

2. Without your knowledge, you are without knowledge (Math Professor in college)

3. You guys are devils in disguise (English Ma'am @ school. We learnt many idioms from
her :( this way)

4. Anybody one boy talk, I nicely give beat (Sports Instructor @ school)

5. Yes .. One Problem, Many solution(sic) - (Math prof in college, when confronted by a student with an solution/answer different from what the Prof had arrived at)

And this is the one that I always keep close to my heart. Somehow, it inspired a lot of confidence in me.

6. I'm just learning .. (Another English Professor @ school - This is what he asked us to tell others/ourselves whenever someone points out mistakes in our language)

The following funny quote from my roomate is worth a mention

7. The problem with girls is that they make "F off" sound like "F me". (When asked why he was unsuccessful in getting a girl friend)

7 Comments:

Blogger Jax said...

You forgot, "pain inthe neck", "burden on earth" and other stuff, da.

Wed Mar 02, 02:35:00 PM 2005  
Blogger monu said...

ore nostalgis va??
naanum nalla thittu vaangirukken school la
:(

Thu Jul 14, 01:03:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

@monu : Your emotional lyrics reveal that :)

Thu Jul 14, 01:06:00 PM 2005  
Blogger ioiio said...

Naan romba neraiya thittu vaaangi irukken :)

Suspend aagama thappichadhey periya vishayam

Thu Jul 14, 11:42:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sathya: Unga screen name vara kaaranam athudhaano ?

Fri Jul 15, 07:36:00 AM 2005  
Blogger GS said...

I remember mostly only the funny quotes of my teachers ...

"both the three of you get out"
"I open the door and throw you out of the window" (not kidding ... a teacher actually said that)
"filful" for "fulfil", "varigin" for "origin"

and one that I heard in almost every Hindi class ... "Naalayak"

Fri Jul 15, 01:05:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have some other quotes too. But they are A+ :)

Fri Jul 15, 05:41:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home