Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Network or Hard Work

The auto-rickshaw that I hailed for was FM-equipped (Who can ever miss that "Radio City .. FM 91" jingle). The RJ was presumably show-casing his gift of the gab, but knew his mundane yakety-yak like the back of his hand. A techie came on air and our Hero started talkin about job-hops. On being asked if finding greener pastures involved hardwork, the techie replied sayin "Network... not hard work" !!!

I was knocked down with a feather on hearing this. I kept tryin to debunk this theory thro'out my journey. It then dawned on me. The guy was absolutely correct. Have seen many a person getting into the right time at the right place due to their adroitness in maintaining a network.

Well, I guess all of us will now realize the value of a smile, a curt nod, or even off-the-shelf- ice-breakers !!!

I now languish at the umpteen opportunities that stared me in my face. Well, better late than never !!

5 Comments:

Blogger Srini said...

Very true. That is why I keep harping about keeping in touch with our friends and acquintances wev'e met on our way. Hail indian_idols (or yahoogroups in general), orkut and connexions (thatz the new one in the market by Rediff).

Fri Nov 26, 10:44:00 AM 2004  
Blogger monu said...

so true...they dont have internal references for nothing!!!
all out stay connected..stay ahead!!!

:)

it always helps when u want to swicth job and you know someone in some other company.....forward my resume pls.....

:)

Tue Jul 26, 08:16:00 PM 2005  
Blogger che sara sara said...

me first time here...nice read...nice blog...

Tue Jul 26, 10:16:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why do you keep re-postin old stuff man?
-Srini

Wed Jul 27, 08:22:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Monu : Point taken. This is yet another reason to be your blogroll brimming :)

@Sophia : Welcome. Will drop by :)

@Srini : Thatz 1 of the Habits of higly Effective Bloggers :) Old posts are still new for the folks who drop in for the first time

Wed Jul 27, 09:30:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home