Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Autograph

I have safely preserved all from diaries starting from 1996. I have this habit of keeping stuff like greeting cards, letters (yes guys.. Snail mail was rocking that time!!!), photos et al in my diary against the corresponding significant dates.

Was searching for my office security badge today when I came across my Diaries. I opened one casually. This was my diary during my 2nd year in college. I saw a beautiful greeting card in the diary. Curious and clueless about this card, I opened it to find that this was a card that I was supposed to give my CRUSH in college. The card was a very creative one..

I had written down my feeling for her. I never consider myself good at poetry... but a few snippets from what I had written really got me in splits.

I had written this romantic line :

I came
We saw
You conquered.

I had signed off with

(Wanting to be) Yours,
My Signature

I could not help but laugh at myself.

I also saw the photos of others babes on my crush list. I wonder how I would feel about all this 2 years down the line.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jax said...

Did you ever stop to think if you were on some one's crush list?

Thu Oct 14, 04:44:00 PM 2004  
Blogger Srini said...

Know does your present CRUSH know about your old one? Maybe u need to tell her??? ;)
-Srini

Mon Oct 18, 12:18:00 PM 2004  
Blogger Vignesh Tamilarasan said...

Sai,
Preserve those valuable things properly. I know, how it feels when you read the letters/cards/etc, now. It gives you immense pleasure and sometimes laughter too.
Now, i have to read my preserved things again for the 1001th time.
C Ya.
Vignesh

Tue Oct 19, 12:36:00 PM 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home